Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Contemplating

A few weeks ago my uncle asked me to speak during the Walk for Life in July. At first, I was honored but the more I think of it, I am scared. Not because I don't like speaking in front of large crowds. (Anyone who knows me knows I do have have a problem speaking) I don't feel worthy enough to give a speech. Is my story really that inspirational? I am afraid people will look at me and say "why is she giving a speech?" She hasn't dealt with any hardship. What if I tell my story and the other cancer survivors are thinking "Who does she think she is? Her cancer isn't even that serious."

Back story about three years ago I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. I have currently been given a clean bill of health 2 years in a row! Go me. I often forget I had cancer because I have been doing so well and been keeping busy. To be honest the only time I think about having cancer is when I have to go get blood work and see the doctor. When I do remember it is often sobering, and I start appreciating life again.

I don't know, just some thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment